Design Values -
Game Design Conference Videos -
- “A normal map is an image where the RGB components correspond to the X, Y, and Z coordinates, respectively, of the surface normal.”
- The only real way to make something look great is to experiment. Tweak little things until you're happy with what you've got.
- Important 2D visual effects include;
- Effects using normal maps
- Colour adjustments
- Blur & bloom
- Putting it all together in a way that really works for the game.
- They use flash as an art asset but not in the actual game. They use it to create the base for the artworks and animations that will feature in the final version.
- They create a large library of Character Builds to reference later. Doing this means that they can keep the character design consistent from different angles.
- These Character Build Libraries are very useful for skinning the characters, all the poses will be the same and they can be used as templates for the skins.
- By using a digital format with traditional techniques they get the benefits of -
- technical diversity
- higher quality